Thursday, April 14, 2011

One Chance

I'm at home listening to the song Human by Natalie Grant.  It says..."gotta do better than this cuz we've only got one chance to make a difference.  Gotta do better than this cuz we've only got one life that we've been given."  Wow.  That REALLY puts conviction in my heart.  Am I God's servant doing all I can to make a difference?  Guys, I've only got one chance, one life to make a difference in the lives of those I come into contact with on a daily basis.  My children, my spouse, my friends.  And we have NO IDEA the impact we make on people we come into contact with on a daily basis that we don't know.  The kindness we show to the grocery clerk or the mailman or the bank teller may be just what that person needed at that particular time.  I'm going to share this to show the difference you make in the life of someone you don't know so please don't take it as me trying to receive a pat on the back.  God knows I'm not.  I watched James Robison for a few mornings and saw him talking about the sex trafficking of young children in foreign countries.  I watched a few times without doing anything.  And one day I had to help because I knew I had the means to help rescue one child.  I don't know her and she doesn't know me but I prayed for God to love her for me.  To comfort her for me.  To hug her for me.  And when I get heaven, I pray I will be able to look her in the eyes and hug her myself.  See, I could have let that moment pass me by once more.  Turned my back on someone that needed a difference to be made in their life.  But God provided me the opportunity and I took it.  I'm sure had I not obeyed, He would have found someone who would.  But that's not what I wanted.  And if He provides a way for me to help rescue 10 more, OMGOODNESS I will.  But I know there have been many times I have not taken opportunities God has put in front of me to make a difference in the lives of my "neighbors."  But I want to start looking!!!!!  At the end of the day I want to lay in bed and hear God whisper...Well done, my good and faithful servant.  Today has not been wasted.

I am in a ladies Bible study at church and just this morning I read in Ephesians 2:10..."For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.  "  You see, He created us for good works before He even called us!!!!!!  What good work has he called you to?  Are you walking in them?  Are you taking this once chance to make a difference?  Let's change the world!!!!!!!    Like Joyce Meyer has said...Let's do what we can do, and let God do what we can't do!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment