Friday, February 18, 2011

Don't Ask God for Something if You don't Mean It

My ear is killing me.  Why do I tell you that?  Because I prayed it would.  Sounds crazy I know, but it's one of those prayers I didn't think God would REALLY  answer.  I guess it's fair to say I didn't really have much faith!!!  My 4th child, Katherine had an earache for three days and whined and whined about it all day.  I must admit it really got on my nerves.  I didn't believe it actually hurt that bad.  I thought she was being just a little dramatic.  She tends to do that at times.  So...I prayed God would give me an earache so I could empathize with her.  So I could feel what she felt.  I must admit I didn't think God would really answer that prayer.  I mean what are the chances I would get an earache that hurts beyond belief just less than a week later???  I guess the chances are great when the God of the universe is involved.  My ear hurts.  It hurts so bad it is radiating down the back of my throat.  It hurts to touch, it hurts to swallow.  I am almost in tears.  The moral of the story?  God REALLY DOES ANSWER PRAYERS so be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The very same thing happened to a co-worker of mine. She prayed & asked God to take the flu-like symptoms from her 20 mo. old grandson & give it to her. Well, guess what!? He got well & she got really sick...missed 3 days of work which she never misses!!!!! Prayer works!!!

    ReplyDelete